#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, December 01, 2019

It is early morning

It is early morning and I am sitting here at home cuddled up in my wing chair. We came home from Chris’ a day early in anticipation of a winter storm today. We are much more cautious about our driving now that we are older. There were days in the past where we bravely went out despite the freezing snow which made the roads bad. We have driven in some pretty precarious situations. But now we avoid them at all cost. Besides everyone else was leaving too. Dan and Gretchen were going back to Pittsburgh after their vacation in Portugal and the Netherlands. Scott went back to Lancaster to work today and Linda left for home in Fredericksburg, VA. Chris and Wendy went car shopping and ended up buying a new Pacifica van.






     What a wonderful weekend we had. Having all the family together is the best! 




Linda and I managed some Black Friday shopping while the kids went bowling. I found this frosty fern to add to Wendy’s plant collection. 





I have almost all my Christmas shopping done so I will be able to relax in December and enjoy the festivities.



The Thanksgiving meal was full of our favorite traditional foods. I cooked a turkey in an electric roaster which belonged to Don’s mother and has seen many turkeys throughout the years. We had a whole spread. Linda had made homemade cranberry sauce and Wendy’s dad made cranberry and blueberry sauce. Wendy’s mom Linda made roasted vegetables while my sister and I made a corn casserole. There was a variety of dishes on the table and we ate on Wendy’s grandmother’s Wedgwood china. 



Linda’s cousin from Florida and well as her mom and dad and aunt were there. We were silly and there were lots of laughs.




 After the pies, ice cream and cheesecake were eaten we played Pictionary and then watched a movie in Chris’ theater room. 

Dan and Gretchen came in on Friday. They had arrived in the states two days before but stayed in Washington, DC for extra vacation. 




Saying goodbye was hard but we will see Chris, Wendy and Scott at Christmas time.



1 comment :

  1. Absolutely, family time is best! I'm so glad that you had so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.