#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, December 08, 2019

A little Frenchy touch


Usa 


This year I added a little touch of France with this black and white ribbon tied to a wreath.


I also used it tied to the top of a big lantern in this vignette at the end of my fireplace. You may remember how this space was a problem to me for years. It has a stone box for wood but since we switch to a gas fireplace I no longer needed to put logs there. Then miraculously I found the perfect solution. A green trunk from a consignment store. Now it allows me to create vignettes in that spot. 


The ribbon also adorns my candle-ier above the table.



Yesterday Don and I took a trip to Olean. I was on a mission. When I was in Harrisburg I bought a new winter coat at Boscov’s. When I got home I discovered that they didn’t take the security tag off. Our nearest Boscov’s is in Erie and I was hoping to avoid the extra trip there. I had already taken the coat to Peeble’s but they couldn’t do it. Unfortunately neither could Kohl’s in Olean. So that means another trip. I also stopped at the library there. They have huge shelves of new books and sometimes I can find a lot of best sellers. But there must be a lot of people reading this winter so the selection wasn’t as good. I did bring home two. I am currently reading The Starless Sea on the best seller list. I’m not sure if I like it yet but it intrigues me. Don and I ate dinner at Applebee’s before driving home.

Next week looks to be busy as I have Giggle Girls tomorrow, a hair appointment, and Don’s lung doctor appointment. And I have to fit in a trip to Erie....









1 comment :

  1. Hi, Peggy! Your photo of the duck pond in your header says, "WINTER!" Burrr! I love your French touches in your Christmas decorations. Good luck with all you have on your plate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.