#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, December 26, 2019

The day after Christmas

It’s day one, post Christmas. All the hubbub is over and now we can relax into 2020. Wendy called first thing in the morning and they had just started on 81 and will be here around five. Ryan wanted to deep fry a turkey today but with all the excitement of yesterday he forgot to thaw it out so we will have it tomorrow instead. We already have tickets to see the new Star Wars movie in the afternoon tomorrow. Ryan took a few days off but has to work the weekend. 
  Yesterday was such a happy Christmas with the excitement of children who whooped and hollered when their wishes came true. Sean went crazy when he saw his new gaming system and Sara loved unwrapping all her LOL little dolls 




My favorite gift was the tree of life silver necklace that says Families are Everything. So true. I also loved the canvas print of the kids at Niagara Falls. 

I am contemplating my word for 2020. Each year I choose a word. 

Here are my past words:

2010-resolve

2011-ecalirassez (French for lighten up or simplify)

2012-acceptance

2013-energize

2014-commmitment

2015-transform

2016-savor

2017-hygge

2018-intention

2019-thrive

2020-enjoyment

en·joy·ment
/inˈjoimənt,enˈjoimənt/
noun
  1. 1. 
    the state or process of taking pleasure in something.
    "the enjoyment of a good wine"


This next year I want to enjoy every second  I want to savor the simple things life brings me -no drama  just loving the moments  I want 2020 to be all about having fun, doing all the things that bring a smile to my face  






1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas with family, we did too and it's the best possible gift. I believe all that you want to savor in 2020 will come to pass. You have the gift for appreciating all the good things of life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.