#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Home safe

We are finally home from our vacation Christmas in Tennessee. YEsterday we went as far as Chris’ house in Carlisle which was about 8 1/2 hours. After a night’s rest we traveled the remaining four hours this morning .  After a quick stop at the store for milk and a few other groceries we were happy to pull into our driveway. The ride was fine except when we got about an hour from our house and then...


We ran into a snowstorm. It got worse as we journeyed further north and by the time we got into Bradford it looked like this...


I know it is winter here but after those seventy three degree temps down south it was kinda shocking. 


We are so happy to be back. Now will come the putting things away stage which takes a whole day to get things back where they belong. Then I will tackle putting away some of the Christmas decorations. There are some that are wintery and I will leave those up for a while. It is nice to see some twinkle lights during these dark days of winter. I also light candles and used my Kohl’s cash to get a few new ones. 

Happy New Year’s Eve to all of you faithful readers. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your comments. We are having a quiet night, in fact, I will probably see the new year come in my dreams. 








1 comment :

  1. It has been wonderful here in the South, Peggy. We had a truly Tender Tennessee Christmas and enjoyed it thoroughly but after only a couple of dustings of snow here last winter I do hope we'll get some humdingers before spring. I'm glad you're home safely. Candles are one of my splurges too, those and books. China used to be at the top of my splurge list but I have no more room for more now.

    A happy 2020 to you,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.