#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HOW DID I GET HERE?

No, this isn’t the story of my birth. It’s the second assignment in my class. How did I get to this point of blogging?
   It would have to start with my first interaction with a computer through classes at school. I was a teacher and needed to be current on technology. By current I mean that my first computer was an Apple IIe. (I know, that was generations ago). But I thought it was amazing. I put the little disks in it, and wall-ah.! I could do great things, type, play games, run teaching programs for math or reading. How far we have come since then.
    Having a computer at work enabled me to explore and use programs and become familiar with the workings of this marvelous machine. Throughout the years I was able to expand my knowledge through courses and classes. Soon I wanted one of my own.
    When the first one was delivered to my house I remember my husband throwing up his hands and saying, “I’m not learning this”. But Ebay and exploration of fishing sites soon changed his mind.
    There is a learning curve but slowly I became familiar with all the technical things such as moving folders and storing items where you could find them. Also I bought programs to edit pictures and make art. I was having fun.
   Then I learned to blog and my world expanded. Through trial and error I learned. And learned more. And am still learning. computer 001

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.