#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 05, 2009

AND CHRISTMAS IS GONE








I wonder how the house feels. For two months it is festooned and beribboned with garland and shiny balls, decorations wherever you look. It is festive and bright and welcoming. Then one day it is torn apart at the seams...down comes the trees, off come the wreaths, santas are put away for another year. It looks bare. And then out come the old, familiar things...a topiary, a gold vase, a vine covered rooster, a tall horse sculpture. The garden room comes back into its finery. It is cozy and warm with books under the baker's rack and green plants by the window. I think I can melt right into this room. The table setting remains the same calling me to create a company meal.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.