#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 05, 2009

ENOUGH TIME


"I still find each day too short
for all the thoughts I want to think
All the walks I want to take
All the books I want to read
And call the friends I want to see".
One phrase that I found myself repeating over the course of my life is "I don't have enough time". It doesn't matter whether it was when I was younger, holding down a fulltime teaching position and raising two young children, or now, when I have been retired for several years. I never seem to have enough time to do all I want to do. It may be because I'm a multitasker and always have two to four projects going on at once. Or that I love to keep learning so I spend time boning up on how to become a better digital photographer and playing at the computer to learn how to manipulate photos with photoshop. Or that my interests require some time and I have too many of them? Anyway, I've always felt like I was trying to live each day to the fullest and get more from each hour. But now I realize that I was making a choice. I actually prefer the busy life. While teaching I was living by a schedule and I find I do best if I set written goals and plan my life. I'm always striving. That doesn't mean that I am a type A personality...far from that. I do know how to stop, take a breath, and just relax and enjoy this wonderful life I have been given. I just want to do so much! There once was a book called Follow you Bliss and my bliss is doing something creative. When I'm doing that I am in a zone where time passes without me noticing. It is said that time passes more quickly when you are older and I'm sure that it is true. All the more reason to make the most of every day.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.