#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, March 22, 2009

MEET SADIE











Those of you who know us best know that we've been talking about a puppy for a few years since we had to put down our beloved Athena. Yesterday we decided to go for a ride to Erie to eat at the Olive Garden and use up a few Christmas gift cards. After a little shopping at the mall I went over to the pet store just to check out the puppies. I wanted Don to have a look to see if he really wanted a Jack Russell. Just that morning they had gotten in a brother and sister from Missouri. We fell in love with Sadie. There are little rooms there where you can go and let the puppy down and play with it for awhile. When I had the Basenji in there she tore around and tried to chew up everything in sight. But when I let Sadie down she just sat there and begged me to pick her up again. It was evident that she had been loved and held. She just wanted some loving. WE couldn't resist. All the way home she slept quietly in my arms for 2 hours. She has been following us around and just wants to be where you are. She had a hard night since it was the first time in her life that she was alone all night. She howled after she was put in her condo. When I woke up at 4am she was hollering again so I got up, took her out and then let her play for an hour. Today she's loved going outside and running around and sleeping next to me. She looks a lot like our first rat terrier, Charlie, in markings. Top Gun who normally isn't bothered by dogs took a swipe at her when she tried to greet him. He just looks at her and lets out a meow. I hope there's room on our laps for both of them because he's used to being the Top one around here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.