#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

TABLESCAPE THURSDAY

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday hosted by our friend Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. We all look forward to visiting her site (click on the button at right) and traveling around the web to see the most amazing table settings.


Welcome to spring! It is fun to come back from a vacation (in Tennessee to celebrate our grandson's first birthday). I managed to slip in a little shopping at the Carolina Pottery in Knoxville. As soon as I got home I couldn't wait to set up a happy spring table.



The apple blossom garland with the nest in the center I got at Ashcombe's, one of my favorite places to shop near Carlisle in PA. My generous son had given me a gift certificate and I picked this out for my table. The little brown birds I found at the pottery. The cement bunny was a purchase near our home in Franklinville, NY.






When I got to Tennesse my sister had sent me a package. In it were these wonderful black and white placemats. I paired it with my Dollar Store dishes and black salad plate. I purchased the green napkins at the pottery (for only 50 cents apiece). I used one as a placemat. I loved the silver spoon napkin rings I found at the pottery too.












13 comments :

  1. First time visitor, what a lovely blog you have and I love your table setting and your dining room is really pretty too!

    Have a Thankful Thursday
    from the Raggedy Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table! I love the colors! Happy Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Peggy, you have a beautiful blog and a lovely tablescape, I am glad you enjoyed your shopping trip I love all the bunnies and your centerpiece and place settings, beautiful for spring, Happy Thursday, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy,
    This is my first Tablescape Thursday. I posted after you, so I am working my way backwards on the list. What a beautiful table you set, it has a quiet elegance and is so visually striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Spring table. Love the colors and the little black bird sitting at the place setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh like the black, white and light green combo, very fresh for Spring.
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! Lovely combination.. Great new purchases. The Pottery place sounds like a lovely store! My niece is a doc at St. Jude's in TN. If I ever get there I will have to look for that store...And happy 1st bday to your gson!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a pretty spring table! Love the centerpiece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely table! I absolutely love your centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Peggy~ ~
    Very nice and Springy table, love it. Cute bunny too.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.