#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lockwoods

I love Lockwoods! Last Saturday I attended a Garden Symposium in Bradford. My favorite speaker was from Lockwoods Greenhouse in Hamburg, NY about an hour and a half north of us. She brought the most beautiful containers and unusual plants. So when I went shopping in Buffalo yesterday Lockwoods was my first stop. My Garmin got me there without a hitch. I had been there once before and remembered it as being such a nice place. It was amazing! They have so many beautiful things it was hard for me not to spend the whole day there looking. I loaded the back of my car with the most wonderful things.
lockwoods 001
This is Streptocarpus Blue Ice which is a ladyslipper. It can be treated as a houseplant but also put outside in the shade during the summer. I loved the delicate flowers. They are actually bluer than it shows in this picture.  The metal bird on a twig I couldn’t resist.

lockwoods 003 The trellis looked amazing when she planted the bottom of it with alyssum and daisies.

lockwoods 004  
Here is another trellis. I’m not sure which planter I will use it in. Of course Sadie go in the way!

lockwoods 006
The top of the bank is starting to look really nice..of course we need to get some more dirt and mulch in now. On the left is a wigelia, a plumcherry (I think), and Sadie is sniffing a coneaster. At each side of the waterfall is a creeping jenny and lemon thyme. I just put the little fence up at the top and really like it.

lockwoods 007
I also bought this nice planter. I’m not going to use it with this wire sculpture because it doesn’t fit in it. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.