#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

BLIZZARD? WE DON’T NEED NO STINKIN’ BLIZZARD

Who’s afraid of a little snow? Not me! Why just this morning I shoveled five inches off my sidewalk, and I have been doing that just about 5 out of 7 days all winter so far. I’m ain’t afraid of no snow (sung to the tune of ghost busters).
   Don and I are back from Erie after his procedure. One stent put in an 80% blocked coronary artery. All went well. I drove home last night and went back to pick him up this morning. I rest better when I am in my own bed.
  We have a saying in our family..”Par for the course” which means “if it’s going to happen, it happens to me”. For example, I had to go to Walmart to get Don’s new prescriptions filled so he could start them tomorrow (just in case we couldn’t get out to the pharmacy in the morning because of the b-l-i-z-z-a-r-d.  So because I dropped them off I had a 45 minute wait. So I got some provisions and went back to pick them up. They were ready (thank goodness) but then the clerk said “Doesn’t he have insurance?” and “Has he gotten scripts here before?” Well, of course he does and he’s gotten his scripts there for quite a while, in fact just last week. “Well, we can’t find any insurance in the computer.”  PAR FOR THE COURSE. After 20 minutes of searching and denying he had insurance they finally found him…he was in the computer twice. Once without insurance. I’m usually patient, but after a four hour trip today I was pretty exhausted and had reached my limit. I don’t know how I held it together long enough to get my packages and leave. I can understand how some people blow their tops. I try to remain calm, but inside I was shaking my head saying,”par for the course!” LOL

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.