#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, February 18, 2011

Let it shine, let it shine!

What a glorious day! The sun was out and it was about 53 degrees today. The ice is melting off the roof, I can see patches of grass in the lawn, the driveway has bare spots, and it feels good. It’s one of those “happy” days.
   My Literary Club met today and I reviewed a book entitled, “The Happiness Project”. It told of all the things the author did in a year to find more happiness in her life. We should all do some of those things. After I reviewed the book we had an excellent discussion about happiness. The girls afterwards told me they loved our discussions. Sometimes it’s hard getting the girls to open up and talk and I had to use all my “teacher” techniques to get participation. But they finally did join in and there is a lot of collective wisdom among our members.
  Afterwards we always have tea and cookies and sit and talk. Edie and her sister, Norma had just completed an Elderhostel in Sarasota, Florida and were full of information. It is so enjoyable to talk to people who have gone places and are willing to share their adventures.
   Tonight we are going to a fish fry and then to visit family.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.