#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Do you see a pattern here?

Let’s see….snow, snow and cold. Repeat every day..snow, snow and bitter cold. I’ve got to give Bradfordians credit. Would we let a streak of icy cold weather keep us inside? Not us! Life has to go on, even in winter. 
   So each morning at nine I meet my girlfriends for coffee at local restaurants. We’ve been doing this for nine years, ever since I retired. It gives me a reason to get up in the morning and lets me have a social life. If I didn’t go out to exercise and have coffee (tea in my case) I would still be in my pajamas at eleven o’clock reading the paper. (Which on these cold mornings doesn’t seem like such a bad idea).
   This is good weather for hunkering down and reading a good book. I’m starting the new Jack Higgins novel. Both Sadie and Top Gun spend most of the day sleeping. They will be glad when we get better weather too.

I was so tired on snow pictures so this is a shot of Jackie Norton’s home. They have their own private lake in back of their house. If I could time travel I’d go back to this warm summer day.
lowland games 054

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.