#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, September 02, 2011

Moonflower

fall is coming 9.11 002 This is the prolific but unyielding moonflower. The vine is growing and prospering but has not one bud. I was looking forward to seeing this plant bloom in the moonlight, but so far……..nada.fall is coming 9.11 009
The tiny purple flowers and the dusty miller make a cool combination.
fall is coming 9.11 015 They have filled up the area around the lightpole.
fall is coming 9.11 014 My new camera can take a panoramic view.
fall is coming 9.11 020
Last night Don and I took a walk over to the Willow Dale Cemetery to see how the pond is filling up. For years this pond has been full of dirt and overgrown with weeds. Thanks to one persistent citizen who wouldn’t give up until he got permission to make it new again we will have a lovely pond once more.
fall is coming 9.11 023
I love how the sun is shining into the kitchen. fall is coming 9.11 022
Today I weeded out this herb garden mess. This is the before picture. I was too hot to take an after. This area has become so overgrown with pineapple sage, lavender and thyme. I need to transplant and get this under control……help, Becky! (my gardener guru) fall is coming 9.11 074
Sadie’s on bear watch. A few weeks ago a big black bear walked up between the houses and right along our fence to the woods. I feel so much safer now that we have the fence. He did once or twice break through it but I think by now he’s given it up.

 

 

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    I have loved your garden:) What a wonderful green thumb you two have!!

    Yes, sadly, Fall is coming when all beautiful things wither and die:( Then winter comes and buries them...OH, don't want to even go there!!!

    Love you

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.