#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 11, 2011

September

image Sunflowers always make me think of September. Their beautiful big colorful heads and bright colors say fall in a big way. September is a month of birthdays in my family. My two sisters and I were all born in September. But today, September 11th, is remembered for a different reason. Everyone will remember where they were on that fatal day when the Twin Towers fell. That was my last year of teaching and I watched while my students were attending a special class. It was so shocking that I didn’t think my students in third grade should be watching it so during the day I’d get reports and during lunch I watched what was happening. We were all unsure of what would happen next and unbelieving that something of this scale could happen in our country. It gave us a new respect for firefighters and first responders who put their lives before others. Take a moment today to say a quiet prayer that this will never happen again in our country.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.