#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Wonderstruck

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time

Any fool can do it

There ain't nothing to it.

Nobody knows how we got to

The top of the hill

But since we're on our way down

Might as well enjoy the ride


Isn't it a lovely ride

Sliding down

Gliding down

Try not to try too hard

It's just a lovely ride


James Taylor

image

Have you had a moment lately that filled you with wonder? When Linda and I were leaving the Presbyterian Church yesterday after our Literary Club meeting I noticed birds singing in a tree. It is unusual to hear such loud chirping in the middle of the afternoon but the noise was loud and like singing. Soon we noticed a flock of birds heading toward the two large trees where the tweeting originated. They swooped and joined their friends in the trees. They no sooner got settled when another group of small birds rushed in from the west and took their places in the trees. I stood in awe as flight after flight of these sparrows kept coming and filling the trees. Just when I thought the tree couldn’t hold any more another group would come in for a landing. The music of their notes got louder and louder as they chatted to each other and called out for more and more birds to appear. I left reluctantly as they continued their party. But the feeling of such an occurrence in nature left me wonderstruck and smiling. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.