#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fences

 white picket fence

What does my picket fence say about me? I’ve always loved seeing a picket fence surrounding a home. As I would drive by neighborhoods in my car those white pickets immediately attracted my attention. It always seemed that each house not only had the neat picket fence but the landscaping and flowers were neat too. There was something about enclosing a garden that made it special.


   One day a few years ago I decided that I wanted a little of that at my house too. So Don and Ryan built me a small enclosed area with a picket fence. They put in a meandering gravel path with slate flat stones for walking. I loved the way it made the area look.

12.03.07 001
As I pulled up to my driveway in the wintertime the pickets blended in with the snow and seemed to protect the home.



12.14.07 001
It gave an architectural feeling as snow mounded up on the picket tops.



100_6317
In Spring it was glorious to see the tulips and daffodils in my small fenced in garden.




breezeway 5.11 017
And in summer my favorite view was from the porch swing looking out. 


Speed Star 1.1441420  00

And the fence seemed to frame the weeping cherry tree in the Autumn.


I’ve loved my little white picket fence in all the seasons. It makes me happy to have it there to welcome me home every day.

2 comments :

  1. Ohhhhhhh Peggy!! This is wonderful! I just love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH! I like your fence photos. I haven't done mine yet! Hope your weekend is better than your Thursday was.

    :-D
    Dotti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.