#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Too hot, too busy to post

How are you surviving this hot spell? I hope you have a cool place to be. I want to work outside but find that I can only be out for a little while and then have to come back in to cool off.
   Today I mulched (with Don’s help of course) around the lightpole. Now that area is all done and I’m very satisfied.
     I also have a gardening question for all those qualified gardeners out there. I have an area around my picket fence where I have planted bulbs over the years. In the Spring it is a delight and the tulips, daffodils, and grape hyacinths have multiplied and practically fill that area. Here is the question: After they are done blooming I know you have to leave the leaves on to feed the bulb. But after that, how can you have other things in that area? Do you plant something like perennials between the bulbs? Or put the bulbs in a row and plant behind them? I’m stymied. I want something there but don’t know exactly what to do about it. I defined the area today with tubing and will put some more black potting soil there. Can you help? Thanks. bulbs 001



 fresco artichoke

black and white fish

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.