#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 25, 2013

The candle-ier

A small iron candle-ier hangs over the dining room table in the sunroom. This year I am trying a new tack for Christmas decorating...use what you have and don't buy new decorations. You may remember last year when I came home from my sister's in Fredericksburg, VA with this beautiful wreath that I won. It was my first time going to the Jan Williams floral demonstration. jan, who once decorated the White House, gives this demonstration every year at Mary Washington College to raise money. They gather greens from all over the campus and she uses them to create wreaths and centerpieces right before your eyes. Then afterwards she raffles them off I was lucky enough to win this beautiful boxwood wreath. 


Of course after Christmas I had to throw away the boxwood but I took off all the bows, bird, pine ones, and berries. This year I used them to decorate my candle-ier. Hope you like it. 








2 comments :

  1. lovely! and didn't I read that you love the green and white . . .
    this is just beautiful.
    can't wait to see what else you do. aren't the holidays wonderful!
    xo
    i especially love the little table and chairs by the fireplace.
    so french.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.