#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A surprise discovery

You’ve heard of serendipity? 


ser·en·dip·i·ty
/ˌserənˈdipədē/
noun
  1. the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.
    "a fortunate stroke of serendipity"




    Today that happened to me. I was in Olean to have me hearing aids checked so I went a few other places while I was there. There is a small mall in town and I stopped at Kohl’s to get a watch battery replaced for Don. What should have been an easy task actually took a long time because they couldn’t get the back off of the watch and then couldn’t get it back on. The gal had to call for reinforcements and then more reinforcements and after a half an hour they finally managed. I also went to Bath and Body Works since I had a coupon for a few free items. I am well stocked up on lotions but who can resist something free? After a trip to the library where I found a few new books I decided to stop at a store on the Main Street that I have been passing by for quite a while. Every time I passed it I would say, I should check that out. Well, today that huge people sized rabbit made out of a log that was out front had me more curious than ever so I stopped in. 





Oh my, how had I not known about Christine’s Boutique before? Have you ever been in a store that you liked so well that if you closed your eyes and pointed anything that you pointed to you would be happy to take home? That is the way I felt about this store. It was very high end and had beautiful things. The wreaths were delightful with bows made of three kinds of ribbons. It had spring and Easter things and I had, (I mean, I just had to) bring home a little white bunny *the cutest ever! I also picked up a few spring flowers to add to my collection. I have been holding off putting out spring decorations, (especially with the forecast of winter weather this week). It was a gorgeous store and I will make it a must stop every time I am in town. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.