#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, February 29, 2020

It’s international hygge day

I was first introduced to hygge when I visited Denmark with my friend Yrsa. I had never been overseas and my first experience was delightful. She had many relatives there and they treated us like princesses. We were wined and dined and enjoyed many activities in their homes. Her cousin took us all over and to Germany and Sweden. One of her cousins told me about hyggelie...the feeling of comfort for which there is no English equivalent. I was able to experience this many times with them wether it was having morning breakfast where the candle was always lit or sharing a time around the table during dinner with lots of toasts..skoal. 





   So this is international hygge day. Ever since my visit I have been practicing the art of hygge in my home too. There is something magical about candlelight so I try to have one lit as often as possible. 




Hygge also involves coziness so sitting under a blanket with a cup of tea also happens often here. 



And today would be a perfect day to sit in front of our fireplace. I don’t often have a fire going but with the snow coming down and the cold temperatures it would be perfect to sit there and read today. 





   I hope that you can find hygge in your day today too.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.