#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, August 14, 2020

Happy

“If you have a body, you are entitled to the full range of feelings. It comes with the package.”
― Anne Lamott, Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith





Up and down I go on the Coronacoaster. On any given day I can be euphoric and full of energy or down in a chair feeling dumpy. THere are days I miss my grandchildren so much I could cry. There are other days that seem more like pre Covid normal. I keep busy and hardy ever get bored. But I am not doing normal summer activities and for an extrovert that’s hard. I love get togethers and entertaining and there hasn’t been any of that. I know a lot of people are ignoring the mandate to not gather but I won’t take my life that frivolously. I won’t even let my family visit hardly at all. I am coping but not liking this new way of life. 

There is a happy note though. 

I ordered an electric bicycle called Sol in May. It took a long time to get here. It is made in Sweden and sold by Blix in California. I haven’t ridden a bike in a long time and wasn’t sure how I would do. This bike lets you ride as normal, have a little or a lot of pedal assist, or goes with just a throttle like a motorbike. It came in a huge box and I have to admit that it wasn’t that hard to put together but we had a little trouble figuring it out. It didn’t help that it was almost ninety degrees outside. Don can’t be out in the heat very long so we had to take many periods of rest in the house. Today I got the tires pumped up and took it out on the road in front of our house. We have very little traffic on the road and I decided to just practice riding it just like I would a regular bike. I only went up and down the lane for a few times just to get a feel about it. I will practice and practice and learn to use the electronics. I hope that this will give me some freedom to get outside and ride. 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.