#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sunflowers




“Who knows what may lie around the next corner? There may be a window somewhere ahead. It may look out on a field of sunflowers.”   Joe Hill

When I saw this quote it had quite an impact on me. I know this is such a difficult time for so many people right now. We are living through a once in a lifetime pandemic with danger of Corona virus spread that scares us to gather together. Every day we are bombarded with political news with energy of hate projected. It is just before an important election and tempers are flaring. We are so inundated in the everyday that the future seems unimaginable. This quote grounded me. This too shall pass. Sometime it will come to an end. How our world will look afterwards is a mystery. It is hard to have optimism. But the quote made me realize that a better world is possible. 



Don and I took a ride yesterday to a nearby field of sunflowers. It was a hot day..ninety two degrees..and the field was about a half hour away. Lucky for us there was an ice cream stand right next door to the sunflower field where we sat in the shade and enjoyed a treat. 





This sign was hanging on the wall outside the ice cream store. I loved it.



This sunflower fascinated me. Pictures of sunflowers in full bloom are everywhere but I had never seen one just budding. 















No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.