#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, August 17, 2020

What are you watching?

In a recent segment on NPR, media psychologist Pamela Rutledge shared why more and more of us are watching “comfort” television. Referring to shows from the past that we know the endings to, know the rhythm of the plot, the characters, etc., as a way of counteracting the uncertainty that is roiling in our lives.

Are you finding that you are watching more tv these days than usual?  It isn’t surprising considering that we are spending a lot more time at home during the .corona virus crisis.  Watching tv can be a distraction from the crazy things that are happening in politics and divert us from the constant rising numbers of deaths in the United States and worldwide. Sometimes I gravitate to old shows like West Wing...now there was a president!  And I have watched the Australian series Wonderland three times already..and I rarely repeat shows. 
   On the other hand it is summer and a lot of our favorite programs have been over for quite a while and because of the virus they stopped production on new episodes. So we fall back onto reruns, new programs that we hunt out or streaming. I seem to find that there is only one show a night...besides Jeopardy...that I watch. The rest of the time I am streaming.  
    Don and I find we are liking the British shows once on PBS that are on Netflix.  Currently we are watching Broadchurch, a murder mystery. 
What are you watching these days?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.