#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, June 06, 2011

A touch of France

Ever since I visited Paris and Provence I have been a Francophile. Anytime I see an Eiffel Tower in a picture my mind races back to when I was on the boat in the Seine and turned around and there lit up by millions of lights was the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Smelling lavender takes me back to standing in a huge field of lavender in Provence with bees buzzing cheerfully gathering lavender to make lavender honey. It is only natural that I wanted to recreate that feeling in my home. Each time I add something to my outdoor courtyard I try to get that feel back. My newest addition is a French streetlight. Speed Star 1.1521340  00
I love the way it reminds me of a little French park. I debated about what to plant around the light. I finally decided that hostas and some annuals would be the right thing. courtyard 6.11 011

The spouting fish makes a soothing bubbling in the pond.
Speed Star 1.1528341  00
Now I can sit outside and be reminded of happy times.

1 comment :

  1. I love that you actually set about to make your dreams of France tangible. Nicely done! Thank you for sharing your garden. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.