#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, June 18, 2011

What a week

Every once in a while the best laid plans get sent off course by an unexpected event. This was going to be a wonderful week for me. My sister was here for the kitchen tour and to visit all week and my son was bringing his new girlfriend up for the weekend. Plus I was planning on having a great get together for my girlfriends. But the strangest thing happened. When I was in Buffalo on  Saturday watching a performance of West Side Story a lady sat in front of me with strong, pungent perfume. By the second act I was holding the program over my nose and starting to wheeze. Whatever it was, it irritated my throat and lungs and sent me into a full blown attack of some kind. All week I’ve been very sick with a lot of coughing, chest congestion and sore throat. Needless to say I did not have time to enjoy my sister’s company. I did pull off the party thanks to a lot of Linda’s help. And I managed to take my friend to Buffalo to fly out but Don had to drive us. I’ve spent the nights coughing and the days sleeping. Hopefully it is running its course by now and I will be better soon. here is a picture from the kitchen tour. These clematis have such a beautiful double bloom. I had never seen one like this before. kitchen tour 6.11 021

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.