#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, June 09, 2011

We’re having a heat wave

It’s another hot day out there. This will be the last one for awhile with temps in the mid eighties. Now people are complaining about the heat as much as they complained about the rain in the spring and the snow in the winter. I guess we are never satisfied unless the temperature is a mild 72. Well, look ahead to next week with a forecast of low seventies all week. It’s going to be a busy weekend for me.
     On Saturday I’m going to Buffalo on a bus trip to see West Side Story. That ought to bring back a lot of memories. I was in my first year of college in Edinboro when the movie came out. We were all singing, “Everything’s free in America”.
   On Saturday night my sister from Virginia is coming and on Sunday we are going to Lewistown (above Buffalo) to tour kitchens. It sounds like a wonderful event..you tour six homes with kitchens full of tablescapes and different restaurants provide food at each one. Then there is a wine and dessert tasting at Water Street Landing. What a fun time.
   Then next Thursday night Chris and Scott are coming to visit and bringing Chris’ new girlfriend and daughter. I haven’t met Michelle yet and can’t wait. We hope to go boating, roast marshmallows, play Pictionary and just have a great time!
  I love it when family are around! breezeway 5.11 014
Today I spent a lot of time reading the new Steve Barry book, The Emperor’s Tomb. It’s been a long time since I sat and read for hours.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.