#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Le Fleur


It’s a glorious day when the planting of the flowers begins at our home. In Bradford we wait a long time for the danger of frost to end so we can finally get some colors into our outdoor entertaining area. Yesterday I had to make a trip to Olean to return a library book so I made a stop at Home Depot and another greenhouse for some flowers. On the way back I stopped at Graham’s Greenhouse here at home. I’ve been looking for something to put in two large urns to flank the lion fountain and the topiary boxwoods were just right. outdoors 6.11 035
Here are the flowers (and Top Gun) before the planting began. outdoors 6.11 029
And here is the planter near the addition after it was finished. outdoors 6.11 042
The whole courtyard looks complete now that the pink, blue, white and purple flowers and the new herbs are present.

outdoors 6.11 039

outdoors 6.11 038

The next area we need to finish is the bank by the pond. I bought a new French streetlight that needs wired up.
outdoors 6.11 040
outdoors 6.11 043
Inside my table is looking summery too.
outdoors 6.11 047

I bought a dove cage when I was in Fredericksburg and have it on my table sitting on some Nell Hill decorating books. My lavender topiary and two cement pineapples and a table runner from Tuesday morning complete the look. outdoors 6.11 046
outdoors 6.11 050

Today Don used the weed whip to rid of us those pesky buttercups with their long runners so we can finish the left bank of the pond. I bought a few more flowers to fill some pots.
  This afternoon my friend came up and we enjoyed a perfect afternoon ….looking at decorating books, talking, and snacking. A perfect way to spend a perfect day.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.