#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, March 26, 2012

Bed and Breakfast

What was the best welcome that you ever received?  What made it so special?


I’ve only stayed at a Bed and Breakfast just a few times. I thoroughly enjoy the experience of the accommodations that are more private, the knowledgeable innkeepers, and the local flavor. But the part that I always like best is the breakfast surprise. boston 8.11 104
Speed Star 1.1487352  00 In August Don and I visited the Boston area and stayed at this B&B north of Boston that had handpainted murals (by the innkeeper) on the walls. 
boston 8.11 100  The breakfast room area was closed off so when the innkeeper opened it in the morning we were surprised and delighted.
boston 8.11 102  Everything was prepared for us and served which always makes a breakfast taste better. I love a beautiful table and the china and linens were so pretty. It is so welcoming in the morning to come down to a prepared breakfast.

In France my sister and I stayed in a town that was famous for its salt glazed cobalt blue decorated pottery. We stayed upstairs at a Potter’s home. In the morning our breakfast was served on a table laden with blue and gray dishes. We oohed and aahed!

It is so welcoming to be surprised with a lovely table!

1 comment :

  1. Rebecca8:02 PM

    My best welcome was at my own little house and garden. Whether at the end of a long day, a hospital stay or a wonderful family vacation. There is no welcome to me as precious as the welcome inside my own door.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.