#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 24, 2014

Blog fest

Some bloggers today are doing a blog fest where they talk about blogs they miss and blogs they would really miss. So I thought about that and decided to write today about that topic.


Blogs I miss


I don't remember how I came across Dewena's blog Across the Way. Right away I felt at home with her style of blogging and her gentle Southern style. She was one of the first people to regularly comment on my blog besides friends or family. I'd visit her blog daily to read her lovely book reviews or quotes or see her house in Tennessee. I had a sad face when one day I read that she was leaving the pressures of blogging to be able to pursue more interests. Oh, how I missed her. But she would occasionally visit and comment and let me visit her private family blog for which I was grateful. So thank you Dewena. For all the support and friendship you have given me.


Blogs I would miss

Now this was a tougher category for I love all my blogs. Trying to decide on just one or two is like trying to love one of your children better than the others. But I do have some favorites.


 

One that I owe a lot to and would miss is Kim Klassen. Kim klassen.com. When I was just starting out in photography I found Kim. Her blog was inspiring and she offered free classes and tips that helped me understand taking pictures a lot better and how to use me camera and software to manipulate a phot to make it more than just a picture. Kim started out as a shy unassuming blogger and gained such a following that she has become a guru in the blogging world. She offers classes and is so generous in her help to fellow bloggers. I never would have learned how to use Photoshop without her.





Between Naps at the Porch is another blog that I have been following for a long time. I instantly clicked with Susan as she showed so many tablescapes on her outdoor porch. Her blog is super organized and she has many categories like home tours, movie houses, recipes, gardening, and recommended decorating books.


And then there are some bloggers who become friends.


Tessa at ....here there be musings ...is like that. We began a back and forth commenting and I look forward to her opinion of my posts. She finds the most delightful illustrations and quotes to put on her blog and visually it is a treat. Her blog is down to earth about her life and what is happening in it.


Tammy's blog Peanut on the Table was recommended by Dewena. It was unlike any other blog out there. Tammy writes in free style with just a few words on each line. She is a prolific talker and punctuates her dialog with photos that illustrate her point of view. She is a minimalist and even left Peanut for a while for health reasons. But now she'd back and I love her quick wit and willingness to put it all out there. She is a frequent commenter on my blog and I appreciate her greatly.


Standing into Danger is one of those blogs that is written by a real writer. I admire Louise's way of telling a story and her Friday series Landsdown letters about her teacher father who leaves home to educate Indians in Canada is fascinating.



One last blog that I love dearly is written by a friend and fellow teacher, Becky Ryan as a family blog. She chronicles not only her family life but also the weather. She is a fascinating person and a master gardener.


So thank you friends. For sharing your life so willingly. For your honesty and dedication to your daily writing. I always enjoy my visits with you.



 

6 comments :

  1. Thank you, Dear One! Very sweet of you, to mention my blog.

    And did you know that Dweena still blogs, but without having Comments Turned On. At Dweena's Window.... ....And your and my blogs, are right at the top of her Blog List on her sidebar, this morning. :-)

    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you enjoy lovely, homey blogs... Have you ever visited Estelle's blog?????

    Oh my, it is so beautiful. So Southern. So lovely. So full of beautiful photos of around her home and of the delicious food she cooks. It is a gorgeous blog.

    And typically, I can not understand why she does not get zillions of comments. -pout-

    Anyway, please click on the link above, and visit her. And also please, tell her Tessa~ sent you over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy, what a surprise to be reading along and find your sweet words! Thank you so much! And to Tessa, too! When I stopped blogging, for a month, I continued to peek into my blog friends' lives. And I missed creating posts so much that I did begin again but with no comments. I know this seems not to be blogging for real but it suits the limitations I feel at my age--basically that I am so slow now and the hours slip away so quickly.

    I'm familiar with some of the other blogs you wrote about and count them as friends and am now curious about the others! Most of all, though, I would miss not seeing what my friend Peggy is up to because girl, you run circles around me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tessa for suggesting Estelle's blog. How lovely. I do visit Dewena's Window now so I keep caught up. Aren't blogging friends the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did i miss this post??? good grief charlie brown.
    thank you for the lovely peanut words.
    and yes....
    blogging friends ARE THE BEST! every one of you here!
    now i must go visit estelle's too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Peggy, thank you for mentioning my blog so kindly. Last Monday I was dealing with Thanksgiving prep and my husband being home sick with a bad cold (which I now have)! It's been busy, but fun, ever since. I do hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.