#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, November 07, 2014

What do you know about Peru?

Today at our Literary club meeting a young fifteen year old Rotary exchange student told us about his native country. We used to show slides. He used a power point presentation to acquaint us with the topography and differences between our cultures. He compared our town of ten thousand people with his home town of Lima with ten million. One thing he admired about living here was the size of our houses and our enormous..in his eyes...lawns. We take our vastness for granted. He especially has enjoyed his trips to Pittsburgh and Niagara Falls.

 

3 comments :

  1. What do I know about Peru? That I've been wanting to go there since the fall of grade six in 1961! I had two nieces on opposite sides of the family at Machu Picchu at the same time, but I didn't realize it until it was too late! We do take our vastness for granted. Have a happy weekend, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know? Not much. :-)

    But since my husband is a long, long time Rotary Member, I know they sponsor Exchange Students... And learn from them.

    I love the way your town has so many wonderful organizations, like your Literary Group. Which have so many enriching programs.

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am so lucky. The women in this club are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.