#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, November 20, 2014

By the fire

brr...Bradford. We are in a cold snap but I'm safe and warm here by the fire. I began my Christmas decorating a little early this year since December looks like a busy month for me with going to visit with my sisters and traveling south.

I fully intended to only put a few things out, but you know how it is. When you open those attic bins it's like Christmas..of course it's like Christmas. All those pretty things come tumbling out and you ooh and awe all over again. Trying to decide which ones would come down and which ones had to stay was just too much for me.

So I decorated fully. Red for the living room and green and white and silver for the sunroom. It seems every Christmas it looks different. Just like when I taught school I never taught the lesson the same way each year I tend to evolve my decorating too. It's so fun to be creative each year. But there are some traditional things that just have to be out...Don's childhood football and the kids letters to Santa.

 

7 comments :

  1. And you did light a fire in the fireplace... A gas fireplace... But we love, love, love ours.

    We began with a wood burning fireplace... Had a wood burning stove there, during the fuel crisis, was it in the 70's? Got rid of that. A terribly hard job, to keep it burning correctly. And eventually went to gas. We love it!!!! After all the work of wood burning, we really appreciate it. And it is pretty, and gives heat and ... Yesss!!!!

    Hooray for you, all decorated!

    Here, I am so sick of fall decorations. Betcha' I'll be Christmas decorating soon, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our fireplace was originally wood burning too. I love a wood fire but the work that went along with it was too much work. Just one click now and I have a fire.

      Delete
  2. i love your little videos!
    i always get the spirit early too.
    when i'm alone on thanksgiving... i've had it be my own little tradition... to put up the tree on that day.
    this year i'm going with the marine to his sister~in~law's home for their family celebration. chris wanted him to stay in touch with her side of the family... which i totally understand! and it's so gracious of martha to invite me too. it's in tulsa... so we'll be on the road most of the day.
    but... to tell you the truth... i actually have come to enjoy my own little thanksgivings right where i am. it's cozy. and just fine.
    sometimes you can be lonelier in a crowd. people never seem to get that.
    one year i cooked and decorated and watched a 'leave it to beaver' martathon!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I love your spirit. You will never be lonely because you have made such wonderful friends on the internet. I'm happy to be one of them.

      Delete
  3. Your decorations look wonderful! Your rocking chair in front of the fire looks very inviting. I love to sit by the fire with a cup of something warm and read a book. I don't plan on getting my decorations out for another week or so. I really am not a big Christmas decorator, I don't like putting it away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh!!!!
    your new video with the little snow globe... then by the fire... and the music... i loved every second of it!
    you are getting SO GOOD at this! XO♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy. It's really easy with apps. They do most of the work for you.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.