#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, November 02, 2014

The craft

We always love a sister craft. This time we decoupaged bird cutouts onto glass. Linda sent away for the Martha Stewart bird cutouts from the Plaid website. She also got Martha Stewart decoupage liquid. You could also use Mod Podge.


As crafts go I would qualify this one as very easy. Step one is gathering glass containers of all sorts. We went to Goodwill. Then we washed all the glassware and rubbed it with alcohol.



Then we punched out the birds and leaves and decided where we wanted them.



Then came painting on the decoupage liquid on the glass and the back of the cutout and pressing it on the glass. We put one coat on the front and two hours later another coat.

This is the final result

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments :

  1. I can see, how crafting, with another woman, would add to the event. And even better, to do so, with your much loved sister.

    But I giggled, when I read your Subject Line. To me, "The Craft" refers to another kind of Craft. The one, which some people, are very afraid of. Because they never took the time, to ask what it is really all about.

    Enjoy!
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh peggy!!!
    first. i love hearing your voice in your videos. it was like being there with you and your sister. :D
    but ... then. to see the finished results...
    they're simply beautiful!
    well done girls! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great craft! My mother would love one for Christmas. I guess I need to get started...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling, Peggy! What fun you and your sister had. Isn't doing things with a sister just the best? Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My!! How beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.