#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 03, 2014

Can you believe it's November?

It seems November just rushed right in. The leaves are down, the hills are brown and it will be Christmas next month. Why does it seem like there is not enough time to get all the things done for Christmas in just this short time? I'm having all my family for thanksgiving so I won't get started on Christmas until after that. But all the blogs already are putting on Christmas ideas..do it yourself crafts and hints. This Christmas will be simpler. Less and less gets put out every year. We have cut our outside decorating down to about a fourth of what we used to do. Gone are the days when we ..and by that I mean Don....would string lights the whole length of the house, decorate every doorway, and go all out. Now it's just a few strings of lights and wreaths. In fact, I got some ribbon and balls and am going to make a new wreath for my blue front door. Inside I plan on a little French Christmas. I did get these deer at Tuesday Morning in Fredericksburg.

Right now they are in my china closet.

 

And here is my new lantern and stand. I love it's unique shape.

 

Today I'm a little tired from my ride home from Virginia yesterday. Tonight my friends and I are going to a production of Smokey Joe,s cafe with sixties music. Should be fun. I'll think about Christmas later.

 

3 comments :

  1. Yes, I do believe it is November, when I look out the window. So many leaves gone... Gray sky... Cool.... Cool... Cool...

    And your blog look is a purrrrrfect November Look. It says it all!

    Glad you got back safely. Wow, no rest. Going out tonight too! :-) You do have fun, and that is wonderful.

    As to Christmas, brrrrrr... Not gonna' think about it. tooooo sooooon. I don't even have Halloween decorations down yet. LOL.

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Peggy! I'm going simpler this year too. Love your deer. I'd have gone to the Smokey Joe's production too! Have a good sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less is so much better, allows those to truly see the meaning of what your Christmas is about :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.