#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Happy and Sad

What a surprise today when there was a knock on the door. Don answered and I heard, "You haven't even plowed your driveway yet. These are for Peggy." It was the florist making a delivery through the deep snow that we had last night. Don was just getting ready to go out and snowblow the driveway. When I opened the tissue there was a beautiful spring bouquet from "the other pea" by dear sister Linda. She knew I was really bummed about my visit to the eye doctor yesterday. For those that don't know I have had eye issues for over a year now. I was so hoping that yesterday the doctor could do a procedure so I could get sight back in my left eye instead of this distortion I've been living with despite two surgeries. But it couldn't happen. The doctor said more or less that it is something that I have to live with the rest of my life. It was devestating news of course and I did my share of crying and feeling down. I'll go for another opinion in a few months but right now my daughter-in-law and son will be having a baby soon and I need all the happiness right now. That spring bouquet really helped cheer me up. Then my friend Kay and her husband Tom came with a delightful bouquet of multicolored roses. They smelled so good and that blast of bright color made me feel happier. I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful sister and friend when I am in need.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.