#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, March 28, 2008

My Feelings exactly

I came across this on one of my favorite blogs: Little Red House. She has been cleaning out closets and posted this. It was like she was reading my mind.
"Back to the cleaning out of closets. I've been in a very contemplative mood lately, and it seems to me that I've reached the age where a metaphorical cleaning of the closets is underway. I feel the need to jettison all the things that are not important. Does it really matter if I go to the supermarket in my sweats? No. Do I need to drive a car that reflects my personality? Only if there is one that screams "menopausal woman -- get out of her way!" Should I worry about doing something deep, meaningful and earth-shatteringly important with my life? No, just create. Make something that brings me happiness. Life is short. Beauty is forever.
So I am letting go."
I have been feeling that way exactly lately. Each time I clean I ask myself,"Do you really need that? or How many of those do you think you need? It might be getting older makes me feel that I don't need so much anymore. I'm more content with less. Less to deal with, less stress, less to clean, less to worry about, less to think about. I like routine, I like dependability. I like the status quo. I am getting old.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.