#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thoughts



I've been thinking about my mother and father who passed away lately. It's too bad you don't appreciate them fully until you lose them. I found this poem on the web. I would like this to be read at my funeral.



Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I and you are you, whatever we were to each other we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name; speak to me the easy way we once used.
Put no difference to your tone; wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at little jokes together.
Play, smile, think of me, and pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without the effort, without the trace of shadow in it.
Life means all that it ever meant; it is the same that it ever was.
there is absolute unbroken continuity.
What is death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.
Henry Scott Holland

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.