#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, March 07, 2010

SHUTTER ISLAND

I am down in Boiling Springs with my two grandsons while his parents are out of the country and my sister Linda came up from Virginia to visit for the weekend. We had a great time of shopping (oc course) and last night we ate at Applebee's followed by the movies. We saw Shutter Island. I don't want to spoil it for you because the ending is terrific, but I can't recommend a movie where I had to put my hand up in front of my eyes because of the disturbing images. I think I could have done without so many dead bodies. That said, it was a thinking plot and twisted. I can't decide if I liked it or didn't.
I went to my favorite nursery/gift store/restaurant..Ashcombes..where we had a light lunch, bought some flowers, and a contorta (which is a twisted decorative tree). I can't wait for spring to get it in the ground. It will be interesting this year to see which of the perinnials I planted actually made it through the winter. I'll try to get my camera out tomorrow and take some pictures.
I had a bit of a mystery yesterday. When I got up in the morning I couldn't find the quart baggies with all my medicines in it. I looked all over the house, but it was nowhere to be found. I looked in the car twice. I was pretty sure I brought them along because that is not something that I would forget easily. Finally I gave up and called Don to see if they were still at home. He searched but couldn't find them there either. Luckily I had called in the scripts before I left so that I would have enough when I got home. He picked them up at the pharmacy and took the over to Scott's grandma Pat's house. It so happened that DAn was up there with his mother and was coming home yesterday so he brought them to me. STill, I was puzzling about where those other meds were. When we got back from the movies Scott discovered the bag right in the hallway. THe mystery was solved when we saw that it had teeth marks in it. Evidently the lab stole it away and hid it only to bring it out later to try to tear open. IT is a lucky thing that she didn't get those blood pressure pills or she might have had a rough time. Bad dog! For a moment there I had a flashback that I was up at my house. We have to keep everything up away from SAdie or she will get it. Close call!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.