#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What’s a girl to do?

Hubby’s gone fishing for the day. What’s a girl to do?  Buy more dishes…ah, ha…no! Play with dishes…yes. You know how you walk by something every day and it doesn’t bother you, but one day all of a sudden you think…hmmm…I should clean that out?

dishes and more dishes 003

This is my china closet. We’ve had this oak dish keeper since we were first married. Over the years it has held our antique glasswqre. But now it is crammed with glasses and dishes of all sorts. In the spirit of making room for the new dishes I decided to take a look and see if some of the old could go.

dishes and more dishes 001
It does look rather crowded and unorganized. I pulled out a card table and began to sort.

dishes and more dishes 004
It doesn’t look too different now that I’ve rearranged, but I did find spots for all my dishes.

dishes and more dishes 005
My black and white set, my black dishes, the Paris plates and my new oblong Chinese plates are on the top.
dishes and more dishes 006

I found a spot for the fruit plates and cups and a place to put my new individual soup/casserole bowls.

dishes and more dishes 007

Even my Christmas dishes found a home.

dishes and more dishes 008

These are the things that didn’t make the cut…my wedding china (beautiful silver edged, but I never use them) and our collection of pink depression glass. They will go to storage (so sad!)
dishes and more dishes 009

Of course, with the dishes out I had to change my tablescape.

dishes and more dishes 016

I love the bird plates.

dishes and more dishes 013
And what was dear Sadie doing all the time I was fussing with dishes?

dishes and more dishes 017
Just sitting in her crate.

1 comment :

  1. Oh I love those bird plates too!! What a fun project. My china cabinet is loaded down, but is in a hallway so not so noticeable! I clicked on follow, but I'm not showing up, so hopefully it worked. I've had trouble if I use the dashboard to follow, and I want to make sure I don't miss anything here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.