#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, May 06, 2013

Property

We bought our house in1973. I was eight and a half months pregnant with Ryan and Chris was three. The house formerly belonged to Dr. fannin and his wife. She ran the local bridal shop where I bought my wedding dress. Then Ann and David Lee owned it for a while. We fell in love with it the moment we saw it. Don of course liked the construction...maple woodwork, pegged oak floors throughout and excellent workmanship. I loved the fireplace and large living room. I had grown up in the West Branch area so it was a very comfortable place to be. We both loved the location...far enough out of town to be in the country, but in five minutes you could be to the hospital or center of town. Our street is very quiet and we have woods behind our house.
In 2006 we decided to add on a large room in the back. People thought we were crazy since we were empty nesters then. But I always wanted more room. I got to design it the way I liked with French doors and a Palladian window. We made a stamped concrete courtyard and added a pond and landscaping. We have never regretted it.
Here are some views of the property you don't usually see. There are some of the new bushes we put in last summer in bloom.















1 comment :

  1. Anonymous7:11 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.