#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, September 27, 2013

Do you have a bucket list?

..When I was younger I didn't really plan my life. I let circumstances dictate what I would do and when things would happen. I took advantage of opportunities to see a concert or go somewhere but didn't actively pursue activities but just rode on the wave of life. I had no idea where I was headed 
   As I aged I still didn't give life a lot of thought. College happened, then marriage and children and I went along for,the ride. Not to say I didn't have goals...getting my Master's degree, becoming president of the American Association of University Women in our town, joining Beta Sigma Phi an international sorority.  
  I didn't have a bucket list...things that I wanted to do before I kicked the bucket. But one day when I was taking a class the instructor asked us to write five things we would like to do ..things we dreamed about. One of mine was go to Paris. I knew then that it was just a whim. So it surprise me when years later I had the chance to go with my sister to visit a friend in Germany and the trip included taking a train to Paris for three days. Riding down the Seine in a boat and viewing thenEiffel Tower at night is probably one of my very favorite memories. 
   I am very satisfied with my life the way it is now but there might be a few things I'd like on my bucket list. 



I'd also,like to ....
Go on an Autumn picnic
Ride in an inner tube down a river on a warm summer day
Sit by the fire in a ski lodge
Take my family on a cruise
Go on a second honeymoon


What is on your bucket list?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.