#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Riding the rails

What a wonderful birthday surprise. My son chris took me to Strasburg, PA for a sunset ride on an old steam train. When we first arrived we went to the railroad museum where there were a lot of old train engines and cars. It was so interesting to see what was once such a part of everyday life. As we rode the train it felt like you stepped back in time. We rode through the cornfields and Amish country. On the way back we were treated with a gorgeous sunset.












2 comments :

  1. Rebecca10:30 PM

    In 1999, my daughter Ann, Becca and Beth Hilzinger and I took a train trip across Canada, (Toronto-Moncton) for a week stay on Prince Edward Island. After a week we returned the same way. We were on the train for 2 days. We had a sleeping compartment and ate in the dining car. It was fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice surprise he planned for you. Your pictures are beautiful. I couldn't come up with any answer for your bucket list post but after seeing this I remember thinking how much fun it would be to go on an autumn trip that some of the East TN steam trains offer. I used to ride a passenger train in the old days! I'd love to do it again some day.

    I used to think the height of luxury would be to ride on the Royal Scotsman -- I hope I remembered the name of that right -- now I'd settle for a good old U.S. steam engine train ride!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.