#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, September 10, 2015

And she's back....

Thank you dear readers for indulging me as I posted pictures of the grandkids. I spent a week in Tennessee visiting and now am back in Bradford. It was such a fun filled week as I played with the kids and spoiled them as much as possible. It was real hot there...ninty six at one point. I had a hard time dealing with that much heat. In my town it rarely gets up above eighty five.

A highlight of my vacation was going to Georgia for a family reunion. Through Facebook my cousins there and I connected and hastily put together a reunion. It was a hit and well attended. I was born in Elberton, Georgia and my mother's people are from there and South Carolina. She was one of thirteen children so there are a lot of descendents. I got to get reacquainted with my cousins and meet their families. We had close to one hundred people there.

My cousin Leslie discussing family history with my cousin Tommy.

Now our generation is the older one. It was interesting sharing photos and I saw some that I had never seen before. THis one shows my grandfather (on the far right in the top row) with his family. In front is his father and mother.

We stayed with my cousin Leslie and his wife at their beautiful home. Beverly is a true southern hostess and we talked and laughed the whole time we were there. Leslie is a carpenter and did all the remodeling of their delightful home.

My sisters also attended so it was great spending time with them. All in all we had such a wonderful vacation. Now we are back and chores are calling. It is time to cut back all the flowers and take care of the outside to get ready for winter coming. In another month we will put away all the outdoor furniture and tuck everything away. We cannot leave things outside in our harsh winters. What we cannot carry we gather together and tarp. After this glorious summer I don't want to think of being inside for months.

 

4 comments :

  1. Thank you for commenting on my latest rant. ,-) I appreciate all views, and again, thank you for giving me yours.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do. Have a family reunion. Lovely...

    Maybe it will become a tradition...

    The house where you stayed.... Just look at that window effect! I love it. Your cousin the carpenter, does great work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you had a lovely time at your family reunion, Peggy! And I didn't mind the photos of your grandchildren at all. But I don't want to think about winter and snow! We are enjoying a wonderful Indian Summer her in Victoria, British Columbia! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved having all of you. Reunion was great, such a wonderful turnout. I only wish all of you cousins could have had more time together. I told Diane next time her and Jeff needed to squeeze in here with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.