#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, August 04, 2018

Recovery


This is my friend Lynda. I snapped this photo as the sun was setting over the Ohio River. Lynda is a very young eighty four. She exercises every morning of the week except Sundays at the YMCA either swimming or taking aerobic classes. She is a great role model for me of how to live a full life. She loves to travel and volunteer. She was a former school nurse and I call her an angel on earth for the way that she is always there when someone needs her. 
  I can’t believe how long it took for me to recover from my trip to Pittsburgh. I got home at two and was asleep by two thirty. I didn’t wake up until ten thirty yesterday. I was so tired and groggy that I went back to bed at eleven thirty and slept till almost four. Then climbed back in bed at eight thirty and didn’t wake up till seven this morning.  I have never, ever slept that long in my life. I guess the old mare ain’t what she used to be. 

2 comments :

  1. I was really worried at first, reading about how tired you were and how long you slept. Then I read your earlier post and now I understand, you were exhausted from a very fun thing. So all's well, right? I hope. I think you're headed in the right direction, just as your friend Lynda because you are so active and so interested in life. But my goodness that takes some perseverance to go to the Y every day except Sunday! She has my admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:13 PM

    what a beautiful lady! it's in every part of her the way she's sitting there at sunset looking out at the water.
    that's a gorgeous lady liberty shirt she's wearing. at least it looks like one of their prints.
    I hope you are well rested now. I used to do that sometimes as a kid. I would just reach the end of my rope! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.