#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, April 22, 2019

I’m still on vacation

This gorgeous ice sculpture was at the Easter buffet at the Halekoa hotel in Honolulu. Our time at the Halekoa ended today as we went to the Hilton Garden Inn. My sister will begin work...she is a contractor for the government and trains people to use a software program. She will be working for three days and I will have to find something to do. It won’t be hard. Right across the street is a huge shopping center. And there is a pool here. Here are a few more pictures from the buffet. 


The wonderful chef on the left walked me around and showed me all the foods that contained alcohol which I couldn’t have because of my Alergy. The pastry chef also came out and did the same. There was quite a bit of food I couldn’t have but much more I could. The desserts were incredible. This was my plate. I didn’t eat all this but tasted a lot. 

















3 comments :

  1. Hi, Peggy! I'm so glad that you're having fun in Honolulu! I love Waikiki, and of course know exactly where the Hale Koa and the Hilton Garden inn are. We used to get our groceries at the Pantry which is very close to where you are staying. I have never been in the Hale Koa, although I've been past it dozens of times. Terry frequently played pickleball on the grounds with military guys on R&R, and I used to rent my paddle boards from the Hale Koa stand on the beach. We've been traveling a lot, partly because we're house hunting in Henderson, Nevada ~ Going to go for the sun and escape the snow. If you get over to the International Market Place kitty-corner from your HGI, right outside Saks is a wonderful coffee place called Kona Coffee Purveyors. It has great coffee and fabulous pastries, including kouign-amann which Terry and I love. It's a little pricey ~ what isn't on Waikiki, but you can linger outside sipping your coffee and watching the fun. There is internet available through the mall. I'm going to have fun working backwards through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:07 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures Peg. I feel like I took the trip with you. A wonderful adventure for two great girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.