#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, July 14, 2019

The early morning sweetness


I love to go out to the courtyard in the early morning when there is a freshness in the air. The day is just beginning and the coolness feels refreshing on my skin. The air I breathe sends energy to my body as I start another summer day knowing that later the heat will drive me inside. 


The days have been busy. Yesterday we attended a graduation party in Gargoyle Park in Olean. I had never been to this small park and as we drove back towards it I wondered why I had never seen it before. Even though the day was 85 degrees this large building was cool inside. Behind the park is a paved trail that winds along the Allegany river and I plan to explore it someday. It would make a delightful walk. It was nice to be with family and sit and talk.


This week will be busy as I get ready for company. Ryan and his family are coming on Thursday and will arrive late since it is a twelve hour drive. Chris and Wendy will also be coming here from their vacation in Canada the same day. I love having my family together and am looking forward to good times while they are here. 


Wendy and Chris stopped by on Saturday to deliver this zero gravity chair that Wendy had bought me. She knew how I liked the one they had and wanted me to have one too. She is so thoughtful. I know I will spend a lot of time reading here.

Tomorrow I will go with Don for his firsat appointment with the new lung doctor and Tuesday I will go to Mayville to watercolor. On Wednesday is our annual summer picnic for Circle of Friends so this week will be busy. I will find some time to make some food ahead, get groceries, make up the beds, and get ready for visitors. It will be a busy week.









1 comment :

  1. It's just before 7 in the morning here in Canada and I'm enjoying the spirit of your calm courtyard before I get up to make coffee. early morning has it's own kind of joy and promise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.