#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

The French LIfe










Ever since I went to France I have know that the French know something we don’t...they live the French way. Both times I was there I found myself leaning into the relaxing way the French live their life. One of my favorite blogs..Cedar Hill Farmhouse...also leans this way and in her blog today she shared how to live the French way.This is how I adapt it to my life. 

1. Slow Down
  Even though I like to keep busy I try to remember to pause and just stop to enjoy my wonderful life. I do the things I love and if I don’t want to do something I just don’t. It’s all about appreciation and taking the time to live in the moment. 

2. Buy quality.
  I still struggle with this one. I like nice things but I also like costume jewelry and cheap purses. I like to change my mind and not carry the same purse year after year. I would rather have six different ones to change up. 

3. Savor your meals.
   I’m working on this one too. I should take the time to eat al fresco during these summer months and take my time enjoying my meals. I tend to eat while watching tv...bad habit. 

4. Simplify your life. 
This I have done. I’ve eliminated all the things that are obligations and do what I am happy doing like painting and photograhy. I’ve cleaned out the house of old things I am tired of and tried not to replace them so I can truly enjoy what I have. 

5. Dress up
   I have no problem with this one. I’ve always loved to dress up and put on jewelry and makeup. Even though I am just meeting my friends for coffee I like to look my best. 

I hope that I learned from the French that this one life we have is just what we make it and we need to make it good. 

2 comments :

  1. I love this. I think I've done a fairly good job of the first four but I certainly need to work on that fifth one. Maybe when cooler weather comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have. I think Americans work very hard and find it hard to just sit back and savor the moment. All what you have done does sound very French. Enjoy your valley.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.