#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, January 17, 2020

Literary club

Today’s Literary Club meeting was a luncheon at our local hospital. I am so lucky to have a hospital within a few miles of us. A lot of rural hospitals are having difficulties and ours is no exception. First they joined forces with the hospital in neighboring New York State. Then recently they moved the maternity ward over there although women can still get prenatal care here. There is also a problem of getting doctors to come to a small town. We were introduced to a new young female doctor setting up a practice here. We are hoping that it can stay afloat 
    The new season of Grace and Frankie dropped on Wednesday and I’ve been sitting in front of the tv every chance I get. I love that I can binge it. 
    I still have a stack of books to read....



1 comment :

  1. I like your self-declared national holiday, Peggy, even though I find it impossible to stay in bed. Maybe stay-on-the-couch-by-the-fire-and-read day for me. Good luck to the new doctor in your community. Medical care in smaller communities is an increasing and distressing problem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.