#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, January 24, 2020

Reading, Watching, Listening

In these frigid days of winter there is nothing better than to settle down in a comfy chair, pull an electric throw over my body, sip a cup of tea, and read a good book. Good books are hard to find and lately I have read a few pages of a lot of books but not found them interesting enough to be worth my time. Today I will be going to the library for a new batch and hope for better results. I do have my own copy of StillMeadow Calendar by Gladys Taber. I came across this author by seeing her mentioned in a number of blogs. I got one of her books and loved her down to earth manner of writing and appreciating all aspects of her life and nature. The StillMeadow Calendar was one that I hadn't read but wanted to. I even looked it up once on Amazon but got distracted and didn't order it. The Universe has a way of providing me with the things I want and I was delighted to see it on a shelf during Literary Club where we bring in books to exchange. It was published in 1967 and tells the story of when she first moved to Stillmeadow and renovated an old farmhouse.






Stillmeadow Calendar: A Countrywoman's Journal: Gladys Taber Best Non Fiction Books, Cool Books, Book People, Nonfiction Books, Book And Magazine, Book Authors, Bibliophile, Reading Lists, Watch MoviesI am watching with interest the impeachment hearings. I don't like to get political on my blog for I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion. So just this one comment. I don't understand how anyone can support our president. When I talk to my friends and confront them with facts (provable facts) they still refuse to believe them. I don't understand it.

I am listening to Corrinne Crabtree who has a podcast called Losing 100 pounds wiht Corrinne Cabtree. Her philosophy of weight loss goes straight to my heart. She understands and helps me to understand why I struggle. Her website is Phit and Phat. 

what are you reading, watching, and listening to?

3 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you discovered Gladys! She never gets old. She was my mentor when I was young and still is. And Peggy, she would be one to suggest that it just does not pay to argue with your friends. She would say Save your breath to cool your porridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Peggy! I hope you find some excellent books to read at the library. I'm still getting through Umberto Eco's "Baudolino." I have a chapter or two to go. It is a difficult, strange, funny and fascinating book ~ wild! there's been so much going on in my life recently, and it has cut into my reading time. I, too, hesitate to get political online. I agree with you. I've read "The Mueller Report," basically two complete times and other parts three or four times (because it was a challenging book. I've followed all of the House Inquiry hearings and all of the Senate Trial ~ I'm listening to commentary right now. I've read books, many articles, and listened to so much news. I absolutely agree with you ~ nuff said. I loved Dewena's sage quote: "Save your breath to cool your porridge!" Totally aside, I'm eating a lot of porridge these past few days because I had periodontal and bone graph surgery on Wednesday. That and bread pudding and soup. Wishing you and Don an enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.