#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, May 26, 2011

a little rain here, a little rain there







Ok, here's the difference in weather between Bradford, PA and Seymour, TN. After a wonderful week of sunshine and hot (95 yesterday) weather today the big black clouds rolled in. It looked threatening. We could see the rain coming. Thunder soon was booming and a few lightening bolts ran through the sky. It got dark and the rain came down. Sounds like Bradford, doesn't it? NO.....No.....NO. It rained for about 15 minutes, blew over and the sun came right back out and dried everything up. Just a temporary inconvenience. In Bradford it would have been a totally rainy day that lasted the whole day long. I wanted to take a picture of the storm, but by the time I thought of it, the storm had moved on. My son, ryan, told me that they never talk about the weather down here. No wonder. it's always sunny. Up in Bradford we talk constantly about it because it dominates our lives. In the winter we make our plans around the weather. Will it be snowy? Will the roads be icy? Will a blizzard cause us to get stranded somewhere? Will it rain next Tuesday when I want to plan a picnic? Will it be too cold to eat out today? There are always reasons to check the weather channel so we can plan our life. I've discovered that this creates extra stress that people down south don't seem to have. Lucky them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.